Tuesday, June 17, 2014

3D CARDS

 I happen to come across a blog called A Scrapbook Journey by Debbie Yates. 
 She does the most incredible 3D cards and has a  free tutorial  on how she does it.  
The way she  matches up her elements and  patterned paper is  awesome. 
The following cards  are  my first attempt into my journey of 3d cards.



My first card I used  dimension tape but I wasn't able to get the image rounded. Even though it is 3d it is too flat.    Just a tip,  instead of expensive dimension squares you can purchase a whole role of mounting tape at the dollar store which works fantastic. 
The card is a 5 X 7.   The image is  from Lily of the Valley. The embossing folders are sizzix
The images was colored with prisma colored pencils and mineral spirits. 




 The second time around I  used silicone glue and it worked out much better.  I was able to 
round out my mouse and put different  depths in  certain areas.  It was really fun and challenging and I plan to do it  again.  So many ideas floating around in my head. 
The card is a 5 X 7. The image is Penny Black, Cheesecake Wishes.  The daisies are cut 
from MTC and flourishes are  Cheery Lyne.
The images was colored with prisma colored pencils and mineral spirits

No comments:

Post a Comment