Friday, June 20, 2014

MONEY CAKE FOR A SPECIAL BIRTHDAY

On my sons 40th birthday, I knew I had to make him  a special cake. He doesn't eat cake so it had to be different.  Also I needed a special gift.  Voila,  two in one  a money cake.  All the samples I found on the net were American .  Aren't they lucky , they have one dollar bills.  Our lowest bill is  a five  , which can get really expensive on a cake.   I decided to use scrapbook paper the same color and  cut  it to the same size has a five dollar bill.   So I roll  the money and put tiny  clear elastics around each one and did the same with the paper. ( elastics from dollar store)   The top layer was scrapbook paper rolled really tight to hold the candles.  The base of my cake was something I found in the outdoor stuff in the dollar store , but you could  use any round boxes or even make your own.




1 comment:

  1. Really great idea. Love how you did it alternating paper and dollars especially since our smallest bill in Canada is $5.00

    ReplyDelete