Saturday, June 21, 2014

DOLL HOUSE MINIATURES 1/4 INCH SCALE

Many years ago, I fell in love with the small world of miniatures.  Originally I started building and collecting the 1/12 inch scale things.  After building a dollhouse and some room boxes I quickly discovered that if I wanted to continue in this hobby I would have to buy a mansion to fit all my projects in.   I was an avid collector of the Nutshell News Dollhouse Magazine  and they did a whole series on 1/4 inch scale houses and furnishings.  My new love.  The supplies were harder to come by and most things had to be made from scratch, but what a challenge.  The following images are of a house I built. The original plan was in 1/12th inch  scaled  and I  resized it down to 1/4 inch.

   The Nutshell News has since changed its name to Dollhouse Miniature Magazine.  The 1/4 inch series was written by Madelyn Cook.  Since this time the 1/4 inch scale has become much more popular and  supplies and  ready made furnishing and accessories are much more available. 

No comments:

Post a Comment